This Reigate antenatal class provides must have hypnobirthing antenatal information for all families giving birth at East Surrey Hospital. Our location in Merstham is just 10 minute drive from Reigate Town Centre and 10 minutes from Junction 8 on the M25. If you wanted to make an evening of your sessions there are several restaurants and pubs within walking distance of the course so you have send quality time together before coming to your antenatal course. Preparing for the birth of your baby is such a special time as a family, so use the time you are putting aside to prepare for birth to good use as quality time together as a couple.
Hypnobirthing is not a floaty, hippy antenatal course just for those wanting to give birth at home. This hypnobirthing course will prepare you with evidence based, scientific knowledge of how work physiology works, how you can aid your birth experience and tools and techniques to prepare you to mentally and physically for birth.
Along with 2-4 other couples you will spend a total of 10 hours, chatting, laughing and learning; preparing for birth whilst making new friends to help you through your journey as new parents. Many families who join our hypnobirthing courses live within 20 minutes of Reigate meaning you will have new friends close to arrange meet ups and coffee dates during your pregnancy and once baby is born.
There are also plans in the work for a Mama, bump and baby walk at Reigate Hill once a month for new parents and parents to be to get together and chat. If you are interested please do get in touch I'll let you know the upcoming dates.
If you are looking to book a private hypnobirthing course then I can travel to your home for no additional cost to the course price of £500.
You Will Learn:
- The role of the nervous system in birth
- What is a contraction, what is it doing and why might it hurt?
- How to reduce the discomfort felt during a contraction
- How hormones control birth
- How you can influence those birthing hormones to help your birth
- Watch a birth video
- Theory of pain in birth
- Why we fear birth
- How to reduce the fear of birth
- Hypnobirthing techniques to aid birth
- Psychological preparation for birth
- Physical preparation for birth
- Positioning for birth during pregnancy
- Your options for where to give birth
- Why a birth plan is important
- How to create a birth plan
- Pain relief options in birth
- How to use pain relief effectively
- How to make decisions in birth
- What is induction?
- What are birth interventions?
- Preparing for the possibility of Caesarean Section
- The role of the birth partner
- Signs of labour
- What to do when labour starts
- How to use your hypnobirthing techniques during labour
- Breathing techniques for labour
- More positions for birth
- How does a baby fit? A look at how the pelvis works?
- Cord clamping and birth of the placenta
Upcoming Course dates: Thursdays 7.30-10pm
March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th (Ideal for those due in April/May) SOLD OUT
May 5th, 12th, 20th, 27th (Ideal for those due in June/July) JUST 1 SPACE LEFT
July 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th (Ideal for those due in August/September) TAKING BOOKINGS NOW
'Calm Mama Collective is proud to be part of the Little Birth Company family
To book hypnobirthing courses in Surrey, West Sussex and South, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Calm Mama Collective.